The purpose of Relief Society is to help prepare women for the blessings of eternal life as they increase faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and His Atonement. To strengthen individuals, families, and homes through ordinances and covenants. To work in unity to help those in need.

This blog was created for the Woodland Hills Ward Relief Society sisters. It's purpose is to share information, unite and help each sister grow closer to Jesus Christ. This is not an official site of the LDS Church, and the opinions and statements are not representative of the church as a whole.

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Stake Message; August 2, 2020


Good morning my dear sisters and brothers,

Let me begin by saying how much I miss the saints of the New Canoga Park Stake. I realize that there are many from the north and east sides of the stake that I have yet to meet... boy do I long for those introductions. I likewise long to resume the fellowship with those that I have come to know and love over the past several years. Until then brother and sisters, let us continue to minister and love those around us. 
First, let us minister to ourselves. As we live the principles of the Big 3, which are: Daily personal and family prayer, daily personal and family scripture study and weekly family home evening, we will qualify for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. 

I testify that the Holy Ghost leads and directs us in things both temporal and spiritual. Let us claim this grand gift through our diligence in the simple things. 
Second, let us minister to our families (immediate and ward family). This time of quarantine presents an amazing opportunity to deepen family ties. I realize that the quantity of time we are spending together has increased but has the quality of that time increased too? Are we serving each other at home? This is an area I will be working on in my family. Quantity is good, quality is best! 
Third, let us minister to others. Social distancing makes this step a bit more complicated, however, there are still many ways to serve others. Family history comes to mind, uplifting and inspiring phone calls, text messages and emails can be sent to friends and neighbors. Be creative and always use good judgement in how you minister to others but keep ministering. 

Ministering nourishes the soul of both the minister and the ministeree
On to this week's message...Today's message comes from Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. Elder Andersen will forever hold a special place in my heart. On December 14, 2014, he set me apart as stake president of the Canoga Park stake. Since that day, I have always paid close attention to all his addresses. Today's address was given in October 2008, while he was serving in the Presidency of the Seventy. Following his remarks will be a short, touching video on the faith of a child. Enjoy!
Here is the video link:  https://youtu.be/KDTortcI1FA

Sincerely,
President Grasteit


No comments:

Post a Comment